Sign in to follow this  
Mademoiselle

Fine Dining

Last Night I went to Samurai's Restaurant in One Woodbrook Place with a friend for dinner.

Although costly it was worth the money I must say.

The food was very tasty, customer service was excellent and the ambience of the place was amazing.

I had a nice experience.

Just though I would post that here.

Sounds good. I went Samurai for dinner with a friend of mine a while back as well. We usually have sushi at Kaizan but decided to go Samurai instead. It was worth it: Good food, good ambiance and good service. I hope they keep that up! Too many places slip as time goes by.

I personally prefer Kaizan but I have admittedly been there a lot more and was introduced to sushi there to begin with (back when it was known as Hanami), so I'm probably a bit biased.

(Side note that I split this post off into a new topic as it didn't really fit where it was before. If you want a different title for this you can edit as need be or let me know)

No problem. Thanks for fixing the topic title. I like fine dining although it's expensive.I bought sushi at kaizan once. It was very nice. As a matter of fact I like tasty food all the time and eating is something pleasurable to me. I can't eat food and not enjoy what I'm eating. Although if we were in a survival situation we wouldn't have a choice what to eat. You should rename this topic as Fine Dining.

Life has to be enjoyed to its fullest and if you enjoy fine dining, even if its on occasions then go ahead and enjoy. Once things are done in moderation, whether its a social drink, a beach lime, a feeling to play mas once in a while, love of music or movies or whatever, make full use of those moments and enjoy.

Thanks Willanr. I always appreciate your advice. I do all those things you mentioned above in moderation. The only exception is I don't play mas. I'm not a carnival person so this carnival I'll be down south with my family relaxing. I enjoy nice bubble baths as well and every night after a hard days work a long nice shower with my favorite bubble baths is my only indulgence.

Sushi has become very popular, to the point of it selling in ready to go boxes. I don't trust those at all. Sushi must be eaten freshly prepared.

I have also eaten sushi from Benihana in Trincity (now closed down) and More Sushi on Ariapita Avenue as well. Benihana was alright, More Sushi was quite good, but I really think Kaizan is tops for Japanese cuisine. They (Kaizan) also have a very nice plum sake that can be had either hot or cold and is served in a vial with traditional tiny sake cups to help yourself. I don't know if they still have it but there's also a "sushi boat" with a variety of different items to share (definitely too much for one person).

Other than sushi, Texas de Brazil is awesome...more expensive than most other restaurants at Movie Towne but all you can eat. You get a card with red and green sides, and as long as you have the card with green side up, they keep offering you more meat of all different kinds! It has quite an expansive salad bar too.

There are many excellent restaurants out there. Topic title changed to "Fine Dining" as requested.

Yesterday I went to Rizzoni's in MovieTowne. It's an Italian restaurant on the second level of the Fiesta Plaza, just below Texas de Brazil. It's a pretty elegant place and the food is good. My friend and I ordered a brick oven seafood pizza and it tasted great (and was hilariously heart shaped, apparently for Valentine week). I had a chocolate covered brownie with a scoop of ice cream for dessert and that was pretty nice as well, served on a plate decorated in the chocolate syrup.

It's expensive: The pizza, two desserts and a bottle of sparkling water came up to almost $500 but it's definitely worth checking out. At a place like Rizzoni's you're paying for the ambiance but the food is fantastic. I previously had a cheesy mushroom appetizer from there which was also very tasty.

I found this on MovieTowne's YouTube:

This evening I had drinks with some friends at the Hyatt Regency Lobby Area. It was an amazing

experience. The atmosphere and ambience there is very relaxing and enjoyable.

The location is nice because you get

to look out at the sea.

I'm thinking about spending a weekend or night at the Hyatt Regency some time soon.

Last Friday night I enjoyed a pleasant dinner with some friends at Hakka's in Woodbrook. The food is delicious although spicy. The place is a bit small but the ambiance is warm and friendly. It was a huge crowd that night and I'm guessing it's because of the end of the month. A nice place to have Chinese and Indian Cuisine in one. However its a bit expensive and I believe the portions of food is not very much but nevertheless a great place to have a special birthday lime with friends. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this