Sign in to follow this  
Diode

Movies

Mostly likely Deadpool.

Other than Matthew McConaughey saying he would do it if there was one, I don't think there has been any official talk of a sequel.

I don't think a sequel is needed. The ending left the possibility, but the movie didn't seem designed for a follow-up. I'll go see a sequel, but I also kind of don't want one. Interstellar was great in part because of the wide open questions left for us to figure out. I don't want a sequel that tries to spell it all out while being a comparatively tame colonization story after the exciting time-dialated exploration story of the original.

I saw Deadpool this morning. I enjoyed it! Very different kind of comic book movie.

Mind you it's very much an "R" rated movie. A lot of violence and a lot of dialog that is unsuitable for younger audiences. It is however a fantastic piece of movie making and Ryan Reynolds does a great job as the titular character, unlike his past performance as Green Lantern (which he pokes fun of in the movie too). Deadpool breaks the fourth wall several times. The movie also features Colossus from X-Men and his apparent trainee Negasonic Teenage Warhead, a character who had not appeared in a movie until now.

It's also hilarious!

I have my tickets for Batman vs Superman ready and waiting. An absolute must-see but I remain skeptical on just how good it will turn out...Superman was good, but not epic...this needs to be epic to really kick off the DC cinematic universe. I'm also wondering about character overload: Wonder Woman's appearance as a major character is a given, and word is that Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg will all be making appearances as well. Keep this movie about Batman and Superman; we have Justice League next year to bring in all the rest.

I saw Zootopia over the weekend. Superb movie, possibly one of Disney's best. I'll talk about it some more in a new topic.

Civil War was amazing. This was a superhero versus movie done right.

Much as I loved Spidey's appearance, it was Black Panther who stole the show for me. Really looking forward to his standalone movie...2018! What a wait!

So I finally got a chance to go movie town to watch X MEN apocalypse last night. Awesome movie. I enjoyed it. My friend and I went to see the movie at the VIP Lounge in movie town. The screen is very clear and the seats are comfortable. Yet somehow I don't believe it's worth the hundred dollars I spent.

I went on Thursday. I think Days of Future Past may have been the better all-round movie but Apocalypse was all-round a lot of fun and I enjoyed it a lot. Quicksilver's scene was absolutely amazing and I liked getting introduced to the young Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm. The added backstory for Magneto goes a long way to adding depth to the character.

Not sure I would be willing to spend the $100 when an IMAX ticket is cheaper, but I am curious to check it out the VIP lounge at some point. Was the VIP showing in 3D? If so, is it any better than the 3D on MovieTowne's other screens?

I went Movietowne this evening with a friend to watch Independence Day: Resurgence. Awesome movie.

I was planning to watch the Secret Life of Pets but my friend wanted to see Resurgence.

I don't regret it and although I didn't see the first Independence Day Movie I was able to follow

through with this sequel. Nice movie though in my opinion I won't call it an actual sci-fi movie.

I saw The Legend of Tarzan yesterday, it was pretty good! One thing to keep in mind is that this is not a Tarzan origins movie, but it does tell you his background along the way. This one ties in the enslavement of the Congo by King Leopold II of Belgium and Tarzan is already married to his wife Jane and is joined by American Civil War veteran George Washington Williams (Samuel L. Jackson's character) who was apparently a real historical figure involved in exposing Leopold II's activities in the Congo.

I also saw Finding Dory a few weeks back and it was incredible. I don't know if it was all-round a better movie than Finding Nemo, but it sure was a more enjoyable one. Nemo and his dad are back the same as ever but this time the story revolves around Dory and her history. I'll also say that Hank the Octopus stole the show. Easily my favourite character. Finding Nemo has become a bit of an animation classic, and this sequel delivers on keeping up with the original. Finding Dory is a must see.

I'm skipping Independence Day: Resurgence. Glad you enjoyed it but for me, the original ID4 was a classic 90's sci-fi action flick. It had its issues but I remember it as one of those quintessential alien invasion movies. All the reviews and aggregator sites have shown critics and audience alike ripping Resurgence to shreds I'm going to keep my enjoyment of the original intact! It was perhaps to your benefit that you didn't see the first one.

Not yet. Hope to soon...I had some reservations on the tone when the first trailer came out but I'm hearing it's very good.

I can't help but wonder how they will handle the fourth installment with the recent death of Anton Yelchin (Chekov)...the studio apparently does not plan to re-cast the role so they will have to write him out of the story somehow.

A few previews of upcoming flicks from this month's conventions (namely Comic Con and Star Wars Celebration). These look so amazing...I can't wait.

Justice League trailer:

Wonder Woman trailer:

Jared Leto as The Joker in Suicide Squad:

Doctor Strange trailer:

Some footage from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story:

I finally got a chance to see star trek beyond at imax tonight. Although I missed the first half hour I was able to follow through with the movie and I thought it was fantastic. I have always liked the star trek series as a child and I very much enjoyed this new movie. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this