By using Talk.tt you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to participate.
- Post messages in English: This is an English-speaking community.
- Treat other members with respect: Treat others as you would wish to be treated.
- Do not insult, degrade, flame or engage in personal attacks against others. This will not be tolerated in any shape or form.
- Do not spam (posting unsolicited advertising or otherwise irrelevant content).
- Do not post in all capitals: This is considered the Internet equivalent of shouting.
- Be considerate in your use of language: Minor swearing is not expressly prohibited but should not be used excessively. You are not to evade filters in place for severe swears.
- Do not post or link to pornographic or otherwise lewd content: Talk.tt is NOT an adult-only community. If something is not comfortable for work or family then it probably should not be posted.
- Do not post, link to, or condone illegal activities including but not limited to hacking, illegal downloads or abuse. Severe infractions of this rule may be reported to local authorities.
- Do not double-log, that is, do not register multiple screen names to appear as multiple persons for support of your position or any other reason.
- Do not mini-mod, that is, do not attempt to regulate the activities of others. Use the report function or send a private message to a moderator or administrator if you are concerned about someone’s activities.
- Obey the directives provided by designated administrators or moderators of the community.
General Best Practices:
- Do not post messages that consist of solely of images or videos unless such is the nature of that specific discussion topic. In addition, avoid posting overly large images that may take a long time to load on slow Internet connections.
- Avoid posting images as attachments: If you post a lot of images you may quickly run out of your allotted space. Try using external image hosts that permit forum embedding. Such services include www.imgur.com and www.tinypic.com.
- Do not make multiple posts in immediate succession on the same discussion topic in a short period of time. Double posting (two posts one after the other on the same topic) is not expressly prohibited but should be avoided. If a day or more has gone by without anyone else replying, feel free to add another post. Otherwise, make use of the edit button.
These rules and best practices should be reasonably clear and easy to follow. They exist to ensure that the community remains a fun and comfortable place for all members and visitors.
What happens if a rule is broken?
The exact action taken depends greatly on the type and severity of the infraction and the known history of the individual in question. The usual course of action is as follows:
First or minor offense:
- A private message may be sent to the user with no further action taken.
- A warning may be issued depending on the severity of the infraction. This is effectively the first strike of a three-strike system.
Second or repeated minor offenses:
- A warning or second warning may be issued.
Third or severe offense:
- A temporary ban may be issued preventing participation in the community. The duration of a ban may last from a few days to several weeks depending on the severity of the offense.
- Repeat offenders or an offense of sufficient severity may warrant a permanent ban from the community.
Talk.tt reserves the right to alter these rules and regulations at any time and without prior notice.